- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 3/4 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 c. milk
- 1/3 c. melted butter
Love good ole fashioned Slow Cooker Cornbread… just like Grandma use to make!
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the egg, milk and melted butter. Stir until just moistened.
- Place batter in a 2 quart greased can or baking dish that will fit in your slow cooker.
- Place can or baking dish on rack or trivet in bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook for 2-3 hours on High.
Note: Trivet can be made of aluminum foil twisted to be placed on bottom.