- 4 - 6 (6 1/2 oz.) cans minced clams with juice
- 1/2 lb. salt pork or bacon, diced
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 c. water
- 3 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 c. half and half cream or milk
- 3 to 4 tbsp. cornstarch
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Crock Pot Clam Chowder is so good, and a favorite for my guests, as there is never a drop left!
1. Cut clams into bite-sized pieces, if necessary.
2. Saute salt pork or bacon with onion in a skillet until golden brown; drain.
3. Transfer above into crock pot with clams.
4. Add all remaining ingredients, except milk, cornstarch, and parsley.
5. Cover. Cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
6. During the last hour of cooking, combine 1 cup of milk with the cornstarch.
7. Add milk and cornstarch mixture and the remaining milk and stir well; heat through.
NOTE: Top with a little chopped parsley and serve with crackers or crusty warm French bread. Also delicious in a BREAD BOWL!
Crock Pot Girl