- 1 c. pecans, chopped and divided
- 11/2 c. oatmeal (use rolled oats or steel cut oats ONLY)
- 41/2 c. milk
- 3/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, unsalted, or 1/2 stick
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
My family LOVES waking up to Oatmeal, and the Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal is no different! You can imagine the wonderful aroma you will wake up to!
- In a small skillet, melt the butter and toast pecans over medium to low heat. (you don’t want to burn them)
- Stirring frequently, watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Reserve 1/4 c. pecans for serving.
- Combine 3/4 c. pecans and remaining ingredients in the crock of the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-9 hours. (My slow cooker is programmable, so I set it for 8 hours. When it is done it turns to Warm.)
NOTE: Serve with the reserved toasted pecans on top.