- 3 T. butter, divided
- 2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 8 c. water
- 2 tsp. garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 T. herbs, such as; parsley, thyme, chives or chervil or any combination you would like
Slow Cooker Herb Polenta can be served with so many meals as a side dish! Yummy and great when you grill it too! Enjoy!
- With 1 Tablespoon of the butter coat the inside of the slow cooker.
- Combine cornmeal, water, garlic, salt and the rest of the butter. Stir well.
- Cover. Cook for 4 hours on Low or 3 hours on High, string occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir in the herbs.
NOTE: For even more flavor you can chill the polenta in slices in the refrigerator until they are firm, and grill or fry them until golden brown. YUMMY!