- 1 lb. turkey, ground or 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 28 oz. tomatoes, diced or crushed, canned
- 6 c. cabbage, coarsly shredded
- 1/2 c. rice, brown, uncooked
- Cheese, Parmesan (optional)
Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole is a great recipe for New Years day, as Cabbage brings money into the New Year!
- Brown turkey or sausage in skillet and add onion, green pepper, Worcestershire, thyme, garlic, and salt.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes until well mixed and warm throughout.
- Stir in tomatoes and uncooked rice and heat until bubbling.
- Scatter cabbage on bottom of the slow cooker and transfer the meat mixture over the top of the cabbage.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 – 8 hours or High for 4 – 6 hours.
- Top with Parmesan cheese just before serving!