- 2 c. water
- 4 c. vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 c. split peas, sorted and double rinsed
- 2 stalks of celery stalk, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 dash of red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Great soup recipe for Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup!
- Combine broth, water, peas, celery, carrot, onion, thyme, red pepper and bay leaf in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low until split peas and vegetables are tender (about 6-8 hours).
- Remove Bay Leaf.
- Press soup through fine sieve and reheat just to boiling point or use hand blender to smooth.