- 1 c. chicken breasts, diced and cooked (can use canned chicken or turkey)
- 4 T. butter
- 4 T. olive oil
- 1 quart half and half (can use evaporated milk)
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. celery, sliced
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 1 c. spinach, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz. gnocchi, packaged
Another WOW recipe…. Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup…. YUMMY!
- In a large pot, saute the onion, celery and garlic in the butter and olive oil.
- When the onion is translucent, add the flour and form a roux.
- Stir and cook a minute. Then add the half and half.
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots and chicken to the pot.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours or until it is heat through.
- Stirring often and when it gets thicker, add the chicken broth and seasonings.
- Meanwhile in another pan, cook the gnocchi.
- Add the gnocchi and spinach towards the end when we were getting ready to serve your soup.