- 1 1/2 lb. chicken, breast, uncooked boneless, skinless
- 10 3/4 oz. soup, cream of chicken, fat-free, low-sodium
- 3 T. flour
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 9 oz. peas and onions, frozen, thawed and drained
- 2 T. pimentos, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
Remember when I was a child and my Mom making the family Crock Pot Chicken Ala King, a real comfort meal!
1. Spray the inside of the crock pot with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and place in the crock pot.
3. Mix soup, flour and pepper. Pour over chicken. Do not stir.
4. Cover. Cook on High 2 1/2 hours or Low 5-5 1/2 hours.
5. Stir in peas and onions, pimentos and paprika.
6. Cover. Cook on High for 20-30 more minutes.
7. Can Serve over rice or biscuits.
Optional: I sometimes add finely sliced carrots for the vegetable and more color….
Notes: You can add 1 cup of diced onions, if you are unable to locate a bag of peas and onions mixed.
1/2 to 1 cup of diced peppers were also added on top of the soup mixture. (Step 3)
You can also add 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms when you add the peas and mixed all the ingredients together and continued cooking on high until heated throughout. (Step 6)
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl