- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. shortening
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. bananas, mashed
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
Slow Cooker Banana Nut Bread is great for Breakfast or served with afternoon snack or Dessert.
- Sift or mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat on Low with the shortening in a small bowl, until soft and creamy with electric mixer. Adding the sugar gradually. Beat in the eggs in a slow stream.
- With a fork, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 the bananas, another 1/3 of the flour mixture, then the rest of the bananas, and finally the last of the flour mixture.
- Fold in the walnuts (although optional).
- Place into a greased and floured 2 1/2 quart mold and cover with greased foil so not to stick.
- Place on a rack (can twist foil to make a rack) in the slow cooker.
- Cover the crock, but prop the lid open with a toothpick or a twist of foil to let the excess steam escape.
- Cook on High for 4 to 6 hours.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a rack. Serve Warm!