- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 2 c. fat free milk
- 2 c. cheese, shredded Mexican blend
- 7 oz. green chiles, drained, canned
- 1 bell pepper, red, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, small, diced
- 1 c. corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Crock Pot Mexican Chile Breakfast is not as hot as you would think, in fact I serve it with a side of Salsa! We use medium, serve your families favorite!
1. Use a 4 quart crock pot.
2. Butter or Pam the inside of the crock.
3. Place a layer of corn tortillas on the bottom of the crock laying them so they will fit. (May need to cut or tear to fit)
4. Combine all of the other ingredients in a large bowl, and whisk together.
5. Pour about 1/2 of the whisked mixture into the crock pot, on top of the tortillas.
6. Add another layer of tortillas, and top with the remaining whisked mixture. With a top layer of corn tortillas.
Optional: Can add extra cheese on top, as we like ours cheesy!
7. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours, or on High for 4-5.
8. Uncover during the last 15-20 minutes before serving and cook on high to release condensation and firm the top.
9. Once the eggs are fully cooked they begin to brown and the cheese will be crisp on the sides.
Crock Pot Girl