- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 2 c. fat free milk
- 2 c. cheese, shredded Mexican blend
- 7 oz. green chiles, drained, canned
- 1 bell pepper, red, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, small, diced
- 1 c. corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Slow Cooker Mexican Chile Breakfast is not as hot as you would think, in fact I serve it with a side of Salsa! We use medium, serve your families favorite!
- Use a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Butter or Pam the inside of the crock.
- Place a layer of corn tortillas on the bottom of the crock laying them so they will fit. (May need to cut or tear to fit)
- Combine all of the other ingredients in a large bowl, and whisk together.
- Pour about 1/2 of the whisked mixture into the slow cooker, on top of the tortillas.
- Add another layer of tortillas, and top with the remaining whisked mixture. With a top layer of corn tortillas.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours, or on High for 4-5.
- Uncover during the last 15-20 minutes before serving and cook on high to release condensation and firm the top.
- Once the eggs are fully cooked they begin to brown and the cheese will be crisp on the sides.
Optional: Can add extra cheese on top, as we like ours cheesy!