- 24 oz. hash browns, shredded, bag
- 1 T. onion, finely chopped
- 2 c. ham, diced
- 2 c. cheese, cheddar, shredded
- 1 c. cheese, mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 c. parsley, fresh, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 c. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. bacon, fried until crisp
I love omelets and bacon, so that’s why I love this Slow Cooker Breakfast Bake. This recipe is definitely in our family’s breakfast rotation. We also always make it over the holidays and when we have guests in town. Enjoy!
- Grease the crock of a 6 quart slow cooker or use a slow cooker liner and grease.
- Mix the hash browns and the chopped onion in a bowl.
- Spread 1/2 half of the hash browns on the bottom of the greased crock.
- Place 1 cup of the ham on top of the hash browns and distribute evenly.
- Mix both of the cheeses with the parsley and stir to mix evenly. Sprinkle 1/2 of this cheese mixture over the ham.
- Put a second layer of the the remaining hash browns, ham and cheese in the same order, patting each layer down as it is added.
- When all layers are finished, combine the eggs, evaporated milk, salt, and pepper in another bowl, whisking until smooth. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the hash brown, ham and cheese layers.
- Cover & Crock on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- About 15 minutes before you’re ready to serve this dish, fry the bacon until crispy and break it into large pieces.
- Remove the lid on the slow cooker and place the bacon pieces evenly on top of the breakfast bake.
- Cover & Crock on LOW for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
NOTE: When the bacon is warm, it is ready to serve.