- 3 c. sugar, (finer granules of sugar such as Baker's will dissolve very well for candy)
- 1 c. corn syrup, light
- 4 c. nuts, use your favorite nuts to combine and make 4 c. (such as 3 c. dry roasted lightly salted peanuts and 1 c. raw almonds)
- 4 T. butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- parchment paper or Release foil
If you like peanut brittle, you will be amazed when you make Slow Cooker Peanut Brittle.
- Place the butter into the slow cooker.
- Put the sugar and the corn syrup over the butter. Pouring in the vanilla.
- Cover. Cook for 1 hour on High.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or release foil.
- After the hour, stir and mix well.
- Add the baking soda. Note: (you will hear it sizzle and make a funny noise!)
- Your sugar mixture will be a milky-yellow color and the sugar might still look granulated.
- Cover. Cook on high for another 30 minutes. Check and stir in nuts.
- Cover. Cook again for another 15-30 minutes, or until the sugar mixture is brown and looks more like the color of peanut brittle.
- When color is right, pour half of the crock onto each cookie sheet and spread out with a spatula. There will be lumps, because of the nuts. BE VERY CAREFUL WILL POURING AS IT IS VERY HOT! TIP: USING OVEN MITTS)
Let cool at room temperature for about an hour, then tear into pieces.
You will love the flavor, and the texture, as it is not brittle like other peanut brittle!