- 14 1/2 oz. tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 2/3 c. onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. pepper, sweet, roasted, red, finely chopped
- 4 oz. green chili peppers, diced, canned, undrained
- 3 c. cheese, Monterey Jack, cubed, with salsa or jalapeno peppers or regular Monterey Jack cheese 12 oz.
- 3 c. cheese, American, cubed 12 oz.
When you want a little heat and lots of flavor, you will get it with Slow Cooker Cheesy Mexican Fondue.
- Combine tomatoes undrained , onion, roasted sweet pepper, and chili peppers undrained in a 3 1/2 to 4 qt. slow cooker.
- Add cheeses; toss gently to combine.
- Cover. Cook for 3 to 4 hours on Low or 1 1/2 to 2 hours on High.
- Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-heat or low for up to 2 hours.
Serve with: corn bread cubed, toasted tortilla wedges, chips and vegetables of your choice.
NOTE: Serve fondue with dippers, swirling pieces as you dip. If the fondue thickens, stir in milk to dilute.
NOTE: If Fondue seems runny lift the lid a little on the slow cooker and it will thicken up for you!
Prepare cornbread such as http://www.getcrocked.com/2012/12/07/crock-pot-cornbread/ or a boxed corn bread if you’d like!