- 14 1/2 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/2 c. sweet roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 oz. diced green chilis, undrained
- 12 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, cubed, with salsa or jalapeno peppers
- 12 oz. American cheese, cubed
This Slow Cooker Cheesy Mexican Fondue is a delicious appetizer that everyone loves. (You WILL be asked for the recipe, so be prepared!) Gameday or not, make this for your next fiesta!
- Combine tomatoes undrained , onion, roasted sweet pepper, and chili peppers undrained in a 3 1/2 to 4 qt. slow cooker.
- Add cheeses; toss gently to combine.
- Cover. Cook for 3 to 4 hours on Low or 1 1/2 to 2 hours on High.
- Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-heat or low for up to 2 hours.
Serve with: corn bread cubed, toasted tortilla wedges, chips and vegetables of your choice.
NOTE: Serve fondue with dippers, swirling pieces as you dip. If the fondue thickens, stir in milk to dilute.
NOTE: If Fondue seems runny lift the lid a little on the slow cooker and it will thicken up for you!
Prepare cornbread such as http://www.getcrocked.com/2012/12/07/crock-pot-cornbread/ or a boxed corn bread if you’d like!