- 1 lb. chicken, breast, frozen
- 15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained (or your own beans!)
- 12 oz. corn, frozen
- 12 oz. salsa
- 14.5 oz. tomatoes, diced, canned
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. beef broth - optional
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 oz.. cream cheese, reduced fat
- cayene and chili powder to taste
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew is not only easy to make, it is a dish that will remind you of something your Grandma made!
- Place Chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hrs.
- About 30 minutes before serving, take the chicken out and shred with two forks.
- Put chicken back in the slow cooker after shredding, add in cream cheese, cover and let sit, stir until melted.