- 1 Large White Onion, chopped
- 1.5 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 15 oz. Black Beans, rinsed and drained (or your own beans!)
- 12 oz. Yellow Corn
- 4 oz. Diced Green Chilies
- 12 oz. Chunky Salsa
- 14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 1 c. Water
- 1 c. Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 T. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cayenne Pepper
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew is not only easy to make, it is a dish that will remind you of something your Grandma made!
- Place Onion on the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add chicken on top of onions and place all ingredients EXCEPT corn and cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hrs.
- About 30 minutes before serving, take the chicken out and shred with two forks.
- Put chicken back in the slow cooker after shredding, add in corn and cream cheese, cover and cook on LOW for 30 more minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, avocado and fresh tomatoes as garnish.