- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt, kosher
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 c. broth, (chicken or vegetable for vegetarian)
- 2 c. water
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (1/4 was enough for me)
- 1 onion, yellow, chopped in chunks
- 2 1/2 tsp. curry
- honey, to drizzle
Vegetables are a favorite, as I love them, and Cauliflower particularly, so Slow Cooker Roasted Cauliflower Curry Soup with Honey is not a disappointment…so good!
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower has begun to brown and turn crispy.
- Plug in your 4 quart slow cooker or larger and turn to High, while the cauliflower is roasting.
- Place the chicken or vegetable broth and water in the slow cooker.
- Add the chopped onion and along with the cayenne pepper and curry powder to the broth mixture.
- When the vegetables are roasted, add them to the broth.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours, High for 3-4.
NOTE: Finished when the onion and cauliflower are fully tender.
Use an immersible hand held blender to blend the cauliflower and onion. If you are going to use a traditional blender, go slow and blend small batches at a time.
Drizzle honey over the top before serving!