- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 c. onion, chopped
- 3/4 c. carrots, shredded
- 3/4 c. celery. diced
- 1 tsp. basil, dried
- 1 tsp. parsley, dried flakes
- 4 T. butter, divided
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 4 c. potatoes, diced, peeled (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. cheese, Velveeta (8 ounces) process, cubed
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. sour cream
When you are looking for an easy recipe that will be good for the adults and the kiddos….look no further than this Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup! Yummy!
- Brown beef in a 3-qt. saucepan; drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon of the butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Just before soup is done, put remaining butter in a small skillet and melt. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; and mix in.
- Cover. Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir frequently until cheese melts.
- Blend in the sour cream.
TIP: I have found if I microwave potatoes ahead of time potatoes will be done, and not be crunchy when the rest of the soup is done!
Optional: If you like your soup a little thicker, just add 1 to 2 T. corn starch whipped smooth in water and add to the soup! Serve with crackers, bread or topped with croutons for a tasty mea!