- 2 lbs. chicken, boneless, skinless thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders*
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, black
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 T. rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. ketchup
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ginger, grated fresh
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. cashews
Love the flavor in this Crock Pot Cashew Chicken!
1. Combine flour and pepper in a Ziploc bag.
2. Add the chicken one piece at a time.
3. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
4. In a skillet heat oil to medium-high heat.
5. On each side (approximately 2 minutes) brown chicken.
6. Transfer browned chicken to crock pot.
7. Mix soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in a bowl; pour over chicken.
8. Cover. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
9. Add cashews and stir.
Serve over rice.
NOTE: If you like extra sauce to pour over the chicken and the rice, double the sauce ingredients.
Crock Pot Girl