- 1 1/2 c. dried lentils
- 1 1/2 qts. water
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cube low-sodium vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 c. tomato sauce
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
Slow Cooker Greek Lentil Soup is full of protein and so easy to make!
- Place lentils and water in slow cooker.
- Sauté onion, carrot, and celery in oil in a large skillet, until limp and glazed. Add to slow cooker.
- Add bay leaf, garlic, salt, oregano, and bouillon cube to crock.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Add tomato sauce and vinegar. Stir well.
- Cover. Cook on High 30 minutes to blend flavors. Remove bay leaf before serving.
NOTE: In Step #3, if you would little more zip, you may want to increase the dried oregano to 1 tsp. and add 1/2 – 1 tsp. ground cumin??