- 10 oz. broccoli, chopped, frozen
- 2 celery, ribs , chopped
- 1 onion, white, chopped, medium
- 3/4 stick butter or margarine
- 2 rolls garlic cheese
- 10 3/4 oz. soup, cream of mushroom, canned
- 6.5 oz. mushroom, pieces, medium, canned
- 8 oz. water chestnuts, sliced, canned
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Broccoli and Cheese seem to be a people pleasers, so if you want to please your next guests, serve them Slow Cooker Broccoli Dip as an appetizer or on top of a baked potato! YUM!
- Cook broccoli until tender.
- Saute celery and onion in butter or oleo until tender.
- Transfer broccoli and sauteed vegetables in slow cooker; add mushrooms, garlic cheese (see below)*, cream of mushroom soup.
- Stir well and heat on Low until cheese is melted.
- Add water chestnuts and Worcestershire sauce.
Serve warm in the slow cooker, with chips or crackers.
*NOTE: I know Kraft no longer makes rolls of garlic cheese, but I was able to get a recipe that taste just like Kraft it: Here it is!
1-1/2 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 lb. of Velveeta
3 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, or to taste
Drop of Liquid Smoke, or to taste
Warm ingredients over a double boiler on Low heat or in slow cooker, until cheeses have melted and ingredients are well combined. Put into storage container to cool and set. Portion as needed. The Kraft rolls of garlic cheese were 6 oz., I believe – this recipe would be four of those rolls or 24 oz.