- 2 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 16 oz. BBQ Sauce
- 1 lb. Bacon, cooked
- 6 Slices, Gouda Cheese
- 6-8 Large Buns
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Cheesy Bacon Sandwiches is great when you know you are going to be busy, and you can put this together very fast! A crowd pleaser! YUM!
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot and pour bottle of BBQ sauce on top of them.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- With two forks, remove chicken and shred, placing it back into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Set oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees. Place a sheet of foil on a baking sheet.
- Split rolls or buns in half and scoop Barbecue Chicken on top and top with 1-2 slices of bacon, and a slice of cheese.
- Place the sandwich on the foil and place in the oven until the cheese melts, 3-4 minutes!
- I butter the top bun and also place in the oven to brown, and top the sandwich, and it is oh so good!