- 1 lb. Round Steak, cut into 1.5-inch cubes
- .75 oz. Dry French Onion Soup Mix (1/2 packet)
- 3 c. Hot Water
- 3 c. Vegetable Broth
- 2 Carrots, peeled & shredded
- 1 Stalk of Celery, chopped
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 c. Biscuit Mix
- 6 T. Milk
- 1 T. Dried Parsley
Slow Cooker Dumpling Soup is wonderful and so delicious! You will love this HEALTHY soup!
- Place steak in slow cooker and sprinkle steak with dry onion soup mix.
- Turn slow cooker on Low.
- Pour hot water over steak.
- Stir in carrots, celery and tomato.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Turn slow cooker up to High.
- In a separate bowl, combine biscuit mix with parsley. Stir in milk with fork until mixture is moistened.
- Drop by dumpling mixture by a teaspoon into slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for about 30 additional minutes.
OPTIONAL: You can omit steak and make this recipe vegetarian!