- 16 oz. brownie mix, any package
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. water
- 12 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c. walnuts
- 1/4 c. coconut
- 1/4 c. oats, old fashioned, can add Gluten free oats
OH BOY! These Slow Cooker Five Layer Brownies are rich, and so delicious! A MUST MAKE!
- This recipe is great to make in a 2 quart crock!
- Place the butter in the bottom of the crock to melt the butter while you mix the following ingredients.
- Mix the egg, brownie mix, with 1/4 c. of water.
- Stir into melted butter until none of the powder is left dry; batter will be quite thick
- Pour can of sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Spread layer of oats over the milk, then coconut, then walnuts.
- Cover. Cook on High if using a small slow cooker, or on Low if using a larger slow cooker than the 2 qt.
Tip: Test with a knife after 1 hours. If it comes out clean, cook for another 20-30 minutes with the lid off to get rid of the condensation and to help solidify the condensed milk. A good tip is you will know when it is done when the edges pull away from your crock.
NOTE: If you use the 1 qt. crock pot it is likely it will cook for a very long time, as long as 4 hours.
Crock Pot Girl