- 6 c. Chicken Broth (can sub vegetable broth)
- 1 Stalk of Celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 4 T. Unsalted Butter
- 1 c. Smooth Peanut Butter
- Last hour:
- 2 c. Milk
- 1/2 c. Flour
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Cocktail Peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. Chopped Green Onions
- 1 T. Red Pepper Flakes, optional
I’m a peanut butter lover and so are most kiddos! This family-friendly recipe for Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Soup is a perfect easy dinner to enjoy anytime.
- Place butter, onion and celery in the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add chicken broth and peanut butter to slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3 hours.
- Combine milk, flour and water until smooth.
- Add to slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on high for an additional hour, stirring half way through.
Garnish individual servings with chopped peanuts and green onions. If you like a little spice, add a bit of red pepper flakes too!