- 6 c. vegetable broth
- 28 oz. tomatoes, crushed, canned
- 15 oz. kidney beans, drained, canned
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 2 celery, ribs, diced
- 2 carrots, large, diced
- 1 c. green beans
- 1 zucchini, small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. parsley, minced, fresh
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp, thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, black, freshly ground
- 1/2 c. macaroni, elbow
- 4 c. spinach, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 c. cheese, Parmesan, finely grated
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Minestrone doesn’t mean you need to be a vegetarian to enjoy this wonderful minestrone! It’s just plain delicious and so Healthy!
- In a 6 quart slow cooker combine vegetable broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, onion, celery, carrots, green beans, zucchini, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, thyme, and black pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook elbow macaroni in lightly salted boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, approximately 8 minutes; drain.
- Stir macaroni and spinach into minestrone.
- Cover. Cook another 15 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
NOTE: Add any fresh vegetables you have on hand!