- 3 c. Water or Broth
- 1 c. Dried Red Kidney Beans (soak overnight)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. Tthyme
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Red Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1lb. Andouille Sausage
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 c. Cooked White Rice
- 1/4 c. Chopped Green Onions
Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice are asked for by many of our followers, and this recipe is definitely a keeper and so YUMMY!
- Rinse and sort beans. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and add to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice and green onion.
- Cover. Cook on High for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaf and serve beans over rice. Garnish with green onion.