- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 T. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate (just use half of a 12 oz. can)
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 T. ketchup
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 T. cold water
- capers - optional
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken can be served over noodles or rice, and makes a wonder meal, after a long day at work, what more can we want!
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large plastic resealable bag.
- Shake each piece of chicken in plastic bag to coat.
- Brown flour coated chicken in a small amount of oil. (ONLY brown chicken do not cook it through.)
- Put chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT corn starch and water, and pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 6-8.
- Remove chicken from pot, cover to keep hot. Transfer the liquid to a saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth and add slowly to liquid in saucepan, while stirring over low heat until our reach the thickness you like.
- When thickened, serve with chicken over egg noodles or hot rice.