- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 14 oz. cream of coconut, canned, divided (found in alcohol aislel)
- 16 oz. pineapple, crushed, canned, drained of juice (reserve the juice)
- 2 T. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 c. coconut, shredded, divided
- 1 c. coconut milk (or evaporated milk)
- Vanilla ice cream
Since I love Pina Colada’s, I am not surprised that when I found this recipe for Crock Pot Pina Colada Lava Cake that I just had to make it! You’ll see when you make it too! Toasted Coconut makes this recipe!
1. Place the drained pineapple into the bottom of the crock pot and spreading over the bottom.
2. Mix vanilla, flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup of the cream of coconut, 2/3 cup of the reserved pineapple juice, 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut and oil in a medium bowl. Stirring together until mixed well. Spread batter on top of the pineapple.
3. Stir together 1 cup of coconut milk and cream of coconut and bring to a boil.
4. Pour the boiling liquid on top of the batter DO NOT STIR.
5. Cover. Cook for 2-3 hours on High or 3 – 4 hours on Low.
6. Place the remaining coconut on a cookie sheet. Toasting the coconut in the oven on broil for a couple of minutes.
7. Scoop down deep to get the cake, pineapple and sauce into your serving bowls.
Serve topped with vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut.
Crock Pot Girl
Nutrition facts includes Vanilla Ice Cream!