- 2 c. zucchini, shredded
- 4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 5 tomatoes, medium, diced, fresh
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 c. parsley, fresh, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 16 oz. tomato sauce, canned
- 1/2 onion, medium, chopped
- 2 T. tapioca, quick-cooking
- 1 lb. turkey sausage or lean ground beef, browned and drained (optional)
Slow Cooker Zucchini and Tomato Pasta Sauce has all the flavor you would expect from a great Italian recipe! Serve on top of your favorite pasta and with warm bread!
1. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT meat in a slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
2. Cover and Crock on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
3. Stir and add browned meat, if desired.
4. Season to taste and serve over your favorite pasta.
NOTE: Eliminate the Sausage or Meat and you have a Vegetarian recipe!
Note: Nutritional information includes the turkey sausage. Calories reduced to 70 per serving when eliminating meat!