- 1 1/2 lb. butternut squash, (1 medium) peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tomatoes, medium, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 15 to 19 oz. garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. chicken broth or vegetable broth for vegetarian
- 1/3 c. raisins
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3.lb. chicken, thighs, bone-in skinless
- 10 oz. couscous, plain
- 1/2 c. olives, green, pitted
Slow Cooker Chicken Tagine is a Moroccan stew that I got from a Good Housekeeping Magazine a few years ago, and it is full of delicious flavor!
- Combine squash, tomatoes, onion, garlic, beans, broth, and raisins in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Separately combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Rub the above spice mixture all over chicken thighs; place chicken on top of vegetable mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, prepare couscous as label directs.
To serve, fluff couscous with fork. Stir olives into chicken mixture. Serve chicken mixture over couscous.