- 2 lbs, fish, frozen filets (catfish, haddock, etc.)
- 1/4 lb. bacon, or salt pork, diced
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 2 c. corn, frozen
- 4 potatoes, medium, peeled and cubed
- 2 c. water
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 12 oz. milk, evaporated
When you make Slow Cooker Fish Chowder, you will enjoy how easy it is to make this chowder, and the flavor!
- Place frozen fish into your refrigerator to thaw. (Must be done ahead of time)
- Cut thawed fish into bite sized pieces.
- Place bacon or salt pork and onion into a skillet to saute, until bacon is cooked and onion is browned.
- Drain fish pieces from the refrigerator, placing into the slow cooker, with the items from step 3.
- Add potatoes, frozen corn, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking, add the evaporated milk.
Great when served with warm bread or oyster crackers!