- 2 lbs, fish, frozen filets (catfish, haddock, etc.)
- 1/4 lb. bacon, or salt pork, diced
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 2 c. corn, frozen
- 4 potatoes, medium, peeled and cubed
- 2 c. water
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 12 oz. milk, evaporated
When you make Crock Pot Fish Chowder, you will enjoy how easy it is to make this chowder, and the flavor!
1. Place frozen fish into your refrigerator to thaw. (Must be done ahead of time)
2. Cut thawed fish into bite sized pieces.
3. Place bacon or salt pork and onion into a skillet to saute, until bacon is cooked and onion is browned.
4. Drain fish pieces from the refrigerator, placing into the crock pot, with the items from step 3.
5. Add potatoes, frozen corn, water, salt and pepper.
6. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
7. During the last hour of cooking, add the evaporated milk.
Great when served with warm bread or oyster crackers!
Crock Pot Girl