- 1 c. sugar, brown, packed
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/4 c. apple cider
- 1 T. cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp. cloves, ground
- 1/8 tsp. mace, ground
- 2 1/2 lbs. apples, 10 medium, peeled and cut into large chunks
I love Apple Butter, and I like home made the best! Slow Cooker Overnight Apple Butter is wonderful, so good served on an toast, biscuits, English Muffin or with pork and chicken too!
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10 hours or until apples are very tender.
- Put a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl; such as cheesecloth, and spoon out one-third of apple mixture into sieve.
- With the back of a spoon, press the mixture through the sieve.
- Discard pulp.
- Repeat procedure with remaining apple mixture, one third at a time.
- Transfer apple mixture back to the slow cooker.
- Uncovered, cook on High for 1 1/2 hours or until mixture is thick, stir occasionally.
- Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill up to a week.