- 3 apples, peeled and chopped ( use any kind of apples you like)
- 1/4 c. melted, unsalted butter
- 1- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon ( pending on how much you like)
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. sugar, brown
- 1 1/2 c. arborio rice
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. apple juice ( mots for tots, has 40% less sugar)
Who doesn’t like breakfast? OK… I know there are some that do not, but Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Risotto Breakfast is one that could change their minds!
- Melt the butter in the microwave and place in slow cooker.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the rice in the butter and stir to coat.
- 4. Add cut up apples, spices, brown sugar and stir in water and apple juice.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. (Check after 1 1/2 hours to see if all water/juice are absorbed and if rice is cooked.)
Optional: Top with raisins, craisins, slivered almonds, coconut flakes, fresh fruit and for the kiddos they may like apple sauce.