- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Carnaroli rice (or another starchy rice)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground clove
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. apple juice or cider
I love something a little sweet for breakfast and although this is sweet, it’s also hearty and filling – a great way to start the day. The leftovers reheat well, whether you want to get another breakfast out of it or if you’re like me and can’t wait a day – you can eat it for dessert after dinner!
I use a slow cooker liner for this recipe for easy clean up!
- Place the liner in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Pour in melted butter and coat liner as evenly as possible..
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Cover & Crock on High for 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
Optional: Top with fresh or dried fruit. I prefer Craisins.