- 1 lb. turkey, ground (or lean ground beef)
- 1/4 c. pepperoni, turkey, mini or chop regular turkey pepperoni to equal1/4 cup
- 1 green pepper, Large, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, small, white, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 T. Italian seasoning (or pizza seasoning)
- 1/4 c. cheese, Parmesan, grated (also you will want more for topping, if desired)
- 15.5 oz. beans, kidney, light red, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz. tomatoes, diced, drained
- 3/4 c. water
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- Optional: Chili seasoning to taste, 2 packets of Stevia (or 1 T. sweetener of choice)
Slow Cooker Pizza Chili will meet all the needs of not only the adults but also the kiddos! ENJOY!
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Brown ground turkey or beef.
- Add turkey pepperoni to pan during the last few minutes (3-4 minutes) to cook along with ground meat.
- Turn off heat and add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian spices.
- Chop green bell pepper and onion to desired size.
- Place kidney beans, diced tomatoes, water and tomato sauce in the slow cooker.
- Transfer meat and pepperoni/cheese mixture (add chili seasoning for added heat, and/or sweetener to bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes if desired) to the crock pot.
- Stir everything until it is well combined.
- Cover. Cook on High for 4-5 hours (or until peppers are tender), or on Low for 8 hour.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, a dollop of sour cream and serve, if desired.