- 4 Slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 16 oz. collard greens, chopped fresh
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 T. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 c. Chicken Broth
- 2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T. Honey
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
Slow Cooker Balsamic Collard Greens is definitely a dish for the south, and very tasty, although it is full of nutrition!
- Cook bacon until crisp and set aside to drain then crumbled when cooled. Reserve drippings.
- Layer the following ingredients in a 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker: Onions, Garlic, Greens, Pepper, and 2 T. of Bacon Grease.
- Pour broth over top all ingredients. Sprinkle with garlic salt and 3 slices of crumbled bacon.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours or until greens are as soft as you like them.
- Create a vinaigrette of balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey in a small bowl.
- Toss collard greens with vinaigrette just before serving.
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon pieces.