- 4 - 5 lb. pork, bone-in shoulder
- 3 T. chili powder
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, ground, to taste
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 c. root beer
- 3 - 4 peppers, chipotle, in adobo sauce, finely chopped, canned
- 2 - 3 tsp. adobo sauce, canned
- 24 flour or corn tortillas
Tacos are fun to make and eat because you get to choose your toppings, so Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Tacos is just another great way to make a fun meal!
- Rub meat on all sides with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, tuck onion wedges around meat.
- Mix root beer, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce in a bowl, and pour over the meat and onion wedges.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours or until meat easily shreds with a fork.
- Turn off slow cooker.
- Transfer meat to large cutting board to cool slightly.
- Pour cooking liquid into a medium saucepan. Skimming off and discarding fat.
- Simmering liquid to over medium heat.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced and slightly thickened.
- With two forks, pull meat apart to shreds, discarding fat; return meat to slow cooker.
- Pour reduced liquid over meat, stirring to coat.
Serve in warm tortillas.
NOTE: Top with your favorite toppings such as; lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, onions, salsa, and etc.