- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 lb. chicken thighs, skinned
- 1.1 oz. beefy onion soup mix, envelope (1/2 of a 2.2-ounce package)
- 2 c. mushrooms, quartered fresh
- 1 1/2 c. onions, whole, frozen small
- 3 carrots, medium, cut into 31/2-inch sticks
- 1/2 c. dry red wine
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
Delicious French recipe! Slow Cooker Coq au Vin is a must make recipe, and is full of flavor and so YUMMY, translation “Rooster in Wine”!
- Spray a unheated large skillet with cooking spray.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and brown thighs, several at a time, in the hot skillet. Drain off fat.
- Transfer thighs to a 3 1/2 – 4 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the dry soup mix over thighs in the slow cooker.
- Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots.
- Pour wine over all.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Optional: Serve with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.