- 8 potatoes, medium, peeled and cut into thick (about 1/2-inch) slices
- 3 carrots, medium, thinly sliced
- 2 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
- 3 lb. corned beef brisket
- 2 lbs. cabbage
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. water
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is an excellent dish to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day or any time! Great for sandwiches too!
- Butter or spray a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Layer potato slices over bottom of pot with carrots.
- Place corned beef on top of the vegetables.
- Slice cabbage into 8 wedges and arrange around meat.
- Sprinkle with the pepper and add water.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Place meat on a platter; cover with foil and rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.