- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.25 oz. taco seasoning mix, package
- 16 oz. chili beans, with liquid, canned
- 15 oz. kidney beans, with liquid, canned
- 15 oz. corn, whole kernel, with liquid, canned
- 8 oz. tomato sauce, canned
- 2 c. water
- 29 oz. tomatoes, diced and peeled
- 4 oz. green chile peppers, diced, canned
Slow Cooker Taco Soup is so good when served on a chilly day!
- Brown the ground meat (beef or turkey) with onion and taco seasoning until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Transfer the ground meat mixture from the skillet along with the chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes and green Chile peppers to the slow cooker.
- Stir to blend.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
Optional: Serve with sour cream, avocado, cheese and tortilla chips!