- 1 - 2 T. butter or margarine, to butter sides and bottom of cup/bowl
- 1 c. grits, stone-ground (not quick cooking)
- 2 c. water
- 1 1/2 c, milk
- 1/2 c, heavy cream
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
If you like something warm for breakfast and a true comfort food, you will love Slow Cooker Southern Creamy Grits!
- In a glass measuring cup/bowl, (4 cup size), butter sides and bottom of cup/bowl and combine grits, water, milk, cream, and salt.
- Place the measuring cup/bowl (with the grits mixture in it) in a slow cooker, and add enough cold water to the crock to come about half-way up the outside of the glass measuring cup/bowl which holds the grits mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 – 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove slow cooker lid and stir grits well to break up any lumps that formed during the crocking.
NOTE: I like to add cheese to my HOT Grits, and let it melt, for CHEESY GRITS! YUM!