- 1 Kielbasa, or Polish sausage
- 1 onion, large, sliced
- 4 c. cabbage, red, shredded
- 20 oz. apples, pie sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Caraway seeds ( optional )
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 c. Beer
- 14 oz. chicken broth, Condensed
Crock Pot Sausage and Cabbage, can be a quick and delicious meal if you decide to crock on High!
1. Make a number of diagonal cuts (score) across the kielbasa and put into crock.
2. Layer onion, cabbage and apples, sprinkling each with salt and pepper and (optional) caraway seeds.
3. Add bay leaf.
4. Pour beer and chicken broth over all.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or 2-3 hours on High, or until cabbage is tender.
6. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Spoon the vegetables into a heated casserole and top with the cooked sausage.
Crock Pot Girl