- 1 Kielbasa, or Polish sausage
- 1 onion, large, sliced
- 4 c. cabbage, purple, red or white, shredded
- 20 oz. apples, pie sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- red or green peppers, (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 c. Beer
- 14 oz. chicken broth, Condensed
Slow Cooker Sausage and Cabbage, can be a quick and delicious meal if you decide to crock on High!
- Layer onion, cabbage and apples, sprinkling each with salt and pepper and (optional) caraway seeds.
- Add bay leaf.
- Pour beer and chicken broth over all.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or 2-3 hours on High, or until cabbage is tender.
- Make a number of diagonal cuts (score) across the kielbasa and put into crock about one hour before the crocking time is over for a crispier sausage. If you like your sausage very soft you can put it in at the very beginning.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Spoon the vegetables into a heated casserole and top with the cooked sausage.