- 4 chicken thighs, frozen boneless, skinless
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. salsa or picante sauce
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed, canned(OR 2/3 cup dry beans soaked overnight and cooked on LOW for 6-8 hours in a separate slow cooker)
- 1/2 -3/4 taco seasoning, packet
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 T. water
- grated cheddar cheese
Delicious taste will be found when you make Slow Cooker Creamy Black Bean Salsa Chicken! Your guests will want the recipe!
- Place frozen chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour the broth, salsa, corn, beans, and taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Cover. Cook on High for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and either shred with two forks.
- Stir in the sour cream, before adding the chicken back in the slow cooker.
- To thicken up, take 1 T cornstarch mixed with 1 T. water and stir until smooth, stirring into the sauce.
- Place the chicken back in the slow cooker.
- Leave the lid off and let it thicken up for about a half hour.
- Spoon over tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. You can also eat it like a thick soup with corn chips.
Optional: Great served as a burrito too!