- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 2 lb. Chuck Roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Medium White Onions, chopped
- 1 T. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 c. Tomato Sauce
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 c. feta cheese, crumbled
With Slow Cooker Greek Stew, the main difference from other stews is that it has lots of onions. In Greece they call their stew Stifado! Enjoy!
- Place onions in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and brown stew meat on all sides.
- Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle garlic, rosemary, cinnamon and nutmeg over top beef. Add bay leaf.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, tomato sauce, tomato paste and sugar.
- Pour mixture over bayleaf and meat.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is tender.
- Approximately 15 minutes before stew is done, add feta cheese, cover, and crock until melted into stew.
- Remove bay leaf.
Serve over hot pasta or broiled potatoes.