- 1/2 c. dried cherries or cranberries
- 3 T. brandy or bourbon or apple cider
- 3 oz. chocolate, white, bar
- 2 T. butter
- 6 c. bread, stale French, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. light cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Pin ItSlow Cooker White Chocolate Bread Pudding is a decadent dessert. So delicious, and I often call it my guilty pleasure!
- Combine dried fruit and brandy (or bourbon or apple cider.) Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Remove and let stand to cool.
- Finely chop the white chocolate.
- Drain the dried fruit, reserving liquid.
- In a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker, butter the crock generously or spray with nonstick baking spray containing flour.
- Cover the bottom of the buttered crock with half of the bread cubes, scatter with half of the drained cherries and chopped chocolate.
- Layer remaining bread cubes and top with the rest of the cherries and chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until smooth; then whisk in the half-and-half and vanilla until blended.
- Pour egg mixture carefully over the bread mixture, pressing gently down on bread to cover.
- Cover. Crock on High for 1 3/4 hours, DO NOT lift lid, until set and puffed.
Serve warm or at room temperature, plain or with whipped topping or ice cream!