- 2 lb. asparagus, fresh, divided (1/2 lb. asparagus, optional)
- 3 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 red potatoes, small
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 c. cream, half and half
You will love Slow Cooker Creamy Asparagus Soup! Great soup to serve as a starter for any evening meal, or just for lunch. Your family and guests will love you especially if they love asparagus. Enjoy!
- Snap the ends off the asparagus, then wash and trim remaining stems. Chop into 1.5-inch pieces.
- Place the chopped onion and potato in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker. Put asparagus on top.
- Combine the broth, white wine and the seasoned salt and pepper, and pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and crock on Low for 7-8 hours.
- Check potatoes to make sure it is done, if not crock a little longer.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender if you have one, if not you can do it in batches in your blender. Be careful it will be hot!
- Place back in the slow cooker and stir in the half and half, if using. Let it warm through with the half and half added.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: While you are waiting for the soup to warm back up with the half and half, wash and trim the other half pound of asparagus, cutting off the woody ends, and steam to garnish and make an nice presentation for your soup.
NOTE: If you are going to freeze this soup, do not pour in the half and half as you should add it when you are ready to serve your soup.