- 1 lb. pork, boneless shoulder
- 1 c. salsa, thick and chunky
- 1 T. oil, vegetable
- 1 onion, white, large, coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 peppers, fresh green chile, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1 c. cheese, cheddar, shredded
- fresh cilantro
- sliced fresh jalapeno peppers, optional
If you like a spicy breakfast you will love Crock Pot Spicy Marinated Pork and Eggs!
1. Trim fat from pork.
2. Cut the pork into 1-inch pieces, placing it into a resealable plastic bag, setting it in a shallow dish. Top with salsa. Seal bag; turn to coat.
3. Marinate in refrigerator overnight or for 6-8 hours.
4. Grease lightly an oval 3 1/2 – 4-qt. crock pot with oil.
5. Place onion in crock. Add pork and marinade mixture, green chile peppers, potatoes and garlic.
6. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours or on High for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
7. Make 6 indentations in the top of the mixture with the handle of a ladle or serving spoon.
8. Crack eggs into each indentation.
9. If using Low, turn crock to High.
10. Cover. Cook 15 minutes more or until egg whites are set and yolks are thickened. Top with cheese, cilantro, and, if desired, jalapeno slices.
NOTE: Top with cheese, cilantro, and, jalapeno slices, if desired.
Crock Pot Girl