- 1 lb. pork, boneless shoulder
- 1 c. salsa, thick and chunky
- 1 T. oil, vegetable
- 1 onion, white, large, coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 peppers, fresh green chile, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1 c. cheese, cheddar, shredded
- fresh cilantro
- sliced fresh jalapeno peppers, optional
If you like a spicy breakfast you will love Slow Cooker Spicy Marinated Pork and Eggs!
- Trim fat from pork.
- Cut the pork into 1-inch pieces, placing it into a resealable plastic bag, setting it in a shallow dish. Top with salsa. Seal bag; turn to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Grease lightly an oval 3 1/2 – 4-qt. slow cooker with oil.
- Place onion in crock. Add pork and marinade mixture, green chile peppers, potatoes and garlic.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours or on High for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Make 6 indentations in the top of the mixture with the handle of a ladle or serving spoon.
- Crack eggs into each indentation.
- If using Low, turn crock to High.
- Cover. Cook 15 minutes more or until egg whites are set and yolks are thickened. Top with cheese, cilantro, and, if desired, jalapeno slices.
NOTE: Top with cheese, cilantro, and, jalapeno slices, if desired.