- 2 3/4 c. water
- 3/4 c. long-grain white rice
- 15 oz. cream of coconut, (not coconut milk)
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 2/3 c. coconut, sweetened flaked, (optional)
- 1 T. rum, dark (optional)
Slow Cooker Rice and Coconut Pudding is delicious and full of smooth flavor that your whole family will love.
- Stir water, rice, cream of coconut and evaporated milk until combined, and put in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours or on High for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- While pudding cooks, toast coconut: Heat nonstick small skillet over medium heat until hot. Add coconut; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Transfer coconut to plate.
- Remove crock from the slow cooker.
- Stir in rum (if using).
- Let pudding stand 10 minutes.
- Transfer pudding to serving bowls.
NOTE: If not serving right away, press sheet of plastic wrap onto pudding; refrigerate up to 2 days.
To serve, spoon pudding into dessert bowls; sprinkle with toasted coconut (if using).