- 2 - 3 lb. ribs, rack (pork loin ribs are the best)
- 3 1/2 c. pineapple juice (reserve 1/4 c. for basting before they are grilled)
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 16 oz. BBQ sauce, bottle (favorites, Famous Dave’s, Sweet Baby Rays)
The title says it all Slow Cooker BEST EVER BBQ Ribs! Love this recipe as I can put it on early in the morning, and know my meal can be ready in just 15 or 20 minutes when I get home in the evening!
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner!
- Cut defrosted rib slabs into individual slabs (about 2-3 ribs each). Placing the ribs into the slow cooker.
- Mix the pineapple juice and brown sugar together and pour over the ribs.
- Cover. Cook on High for 6-7 hours or Low for 8-10 hours.
- When the ribs are done in the slow cooker, use tongs to gently pull them out (they will fall apart when you touch them).
- Start the grill on medium heat.
- While the grill is heating up, mix together the bottle of BBQ sauce and the 1/4 cup of pineapple juice you reserved.
- Gently place the ribs on the grill and and brush with BBQ/Pineapple sauce. Turning the ribs twice, slathering with more sauce each time (you can’t have enough sauce!)
- The ribs will take about 10-15 minutes to glaze over (as soon as that sauce starts to turn sticky, you know they are done!).
NOTE: I think the grilling steps really add to the recipe but you can certainly skip the grill if you don’t have one or don’t have time for it.