- 6 Bacon slices, browned and crumbled
- 2 lbs. Liver (about 4 slices of beef liver)
- 2 c. onion
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/3 tsp. unseasoned meat tenderizer
- 4 oz. mushrooms, fresh or canned (optional)
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. brown gravy sauce (Kitchen Bouquet)
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. beef base
Crock Pot Liver and Onions is one of those meals you either love it or not. Several in my family love it, so here you go and Happy Crocking!
- Fry up bacon until crisp, and set aside, reserving bacon grease.
- Place liver in a baggie and toss in flour/salt/pepper/tenderizer mixture.
- Fry liver until lightly browned in bacon grease. Place in crock pot.
- Crumble bacon over liver.
- Top with sliced onions. They will cook down considerably.
- Add can of mushrooms, (optional)
- Combine, oil, brown gravy sauce, water and beef base.
- Pour combined liquid mixture over all.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.
NOTE: You can add water if you like more liquid, and to make gravy thicker, mix cornstarch with a little water until smooth, and add to broth for gravy,
Crock Pot Girl